Can't decide whether to buy friend's MBP or not, please advise :)

Reaction score
Pretty simple question here.

I've got a friend selling his 13.3" 2.4ghz current generation MacBook. He's got all the accessories it came with, the box, a cover and it's pretty much in flawless condition. He's also upgraded the hard drive to a WD Blue 640 GB. It's had the keyboard cover and enclosure on it since the day he bought it and there's not even a tiny scratch on it.

I've been looking into getting a laptop for future school and a bit of gaming [mostly SC2/WoW/Diablo II] for a while and was heavily skewed into getting a PC, but it seems for the price it'd be worth it. He's asking $800 from me for it and I'm really tempted right now to get it. I'd also like to do a bit of non-Blizzard gaming and from what I've heard, many Steam/Valve games have been ported over to OSX.

I realize this is a pretty vague question, but is $800 a good enough value that I should snag it before anyone else does? Everything on eBay is either fake or refurbished or used heavily so I can't get a good idea on price.

Originally I was going to hold out until the next generation of MacBooks but saving about $300 + taxes and the fact that it seems this generation will last a little longer than previous generations with their dual core processors makes it almost a deal maker. Unless this isn't such a good idea.

It has about three or four months left on the warranty and he has the receipt in case I decide to add AppleCare, which I'm thinking I would probably do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
That price is pretty fair, but you need to figure in the cost of Apple Care and then you are over $1000 in the end.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.