ipod touch-water damage indicator screensaver?

Reaction score
My son's ipod touch went thru the wash. I let it dry out for a few days. I plugged it in and it charged. Seems like everything was ok, then the slider stopped working to actually use it. Then I tried while it was syncing and it let me in. I could go to a few of the apps, but no music or system preferences. So, I went ahead and went and had it completely back up and restore. After the restoration the screensaver is now a background of water droplets. I saw on another site that the new nano has a water droplet background if the nano is water damaged (though they said that the nano still works, just can't get rid of the background). Has anyone heard of this being installed on the ipod touch? It's fairly new, Christmas present last year, so 2009 model, 8 gig.
I'm pretty sure it's a background picture, not real ones. I also checked the water damage indicator in the headphone plug, seems to still be white.
Thanks!
Dawn

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Welcome to Mac-Forums, I don't know about the water droplet background but I do know there is a sensor inside all new-ish ipod/ iphones, its one of the ways to check for someone trying to get their money back or get it repaired under the warranty.

-Simon

Edit: If you upgraded the software the default background for the new IOS is a water droplet background lolol

OP
D
Reaction score
Omg

I didn't know that... it was taking too long for my other ipod to do the upgrade so I shut it down, so I didn't see the new background. Yes, I did update my macbook to the the iTunes and then did the restore/upgrade on the other one that got wet. That certainly explains it!! Well, I've looked down the headphone hole and there is no red... so I buried it in rice. I'll check it in a few days and see if I can get the whole thing to run. If not, maybe a trip to the Apple store, which is like 3 hours away....
Funny coincidence!! Thanks for the info!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
No problem, glad to help

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.