2006 MacBook

Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure whether this should be in the selling section, but due to me being a new member and that I don't want to sell it through these means, I am simply asking advice in this section. That said, a moderator is welcome to change or delete it.

I am looking to buy the next upgrade of the MacBook to be released as I have recently moved into mac gaming and have realised the inadequacy of my 2006 MacBook's graphics card. I am on a strict budget, as I am hoping for the new one as a (probably late) Christmas present.

So, two things, the first: Am I really wasting my time buying a standard MacBook (with a better 4 gb RAM) in order to play games such as StarCraft II, the Half-Life 2 trilogy (or quadilogy), Civilisation 4/5 etc.? I expect recommendations of buying a MacBook Pro but the budget restricts buying anything other than the 13" which will have almost the exact same specifications as the MacBook but slightly more expensive, and frankly I am attached to the MacBook design.

The second: Currently I have the stock first MacBook, albeit with a brand new hard drive installed (160 gb as opposed to the 60 gb standard), brand new battery, brand new charger, brand new keyboard/trackpad/entire front face and most importantly, upgraded to 2 gb RAM. I would be able to sell it with the Snow Leopard disc I have installed on it, as well as the original box, installation discs etc. It runs completely as a new machine essentially, with only the outside casing showing signs of its age. If anyone has any idea, would this sell? And if so, how much for? In British Pound Sterling if possible.

Thank you in advance for the advice, I hope this isn't regarded as spam.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.