Adobe CS4 & 5 use with MBP

Reaction score
Hi
I bought a MBP last year when entering a Graphic Design Production - Digital program. I have been very happy with my MBP. My configuration is as follows:
OS X 10.6.4
2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
GeForce 9600M GT

I have been using Adobe Suite CS4 and was recently told that performance could be improved in 2 ways through core scripting to enable the following:

Multithreading - CS4 apparently does not utilize the Dual CPU
OPENGL - CS4 although having a configuration in the Photoshop preferences for OpenGL there is apparently some scripts that will improve the performance of the video card and take some of the load off the CPU

I am new to a MAC been on it a bit over a year now but have worked in IT for many years. Any feedback about the above being true false or a combination there of will be greatly appreciated. Also if you have links to where I can learn more about this before I try some tweeking I would appreciate.

The friend, whom I respect, showed me some stuff from insanelymac but I cannot locate the information myself.

Grim

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to correct forum and title changed to properly reflect subject.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.