Just ordered a new iMac 27 inch i7!

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I understand the problem exactly, but you have been pushing "command" with delete, right? That should delete things in Finder just like it did in Windows.

Also, what I ended up doing with Finder, so that it would automatically arrange all the icons in every folder, keep them the size that I like and all, right click (or control+click if you haven't turned on right click) and hit "show view options", set it how you like, then at the bottom click "use as defaults". I can't get to that on desktop, but anywhere else in Finder, you can do it, and now every folder automatically arranges and everything.

Again, may have misunderstood, but I hope I didn't :)

LOL, no, I didn't realize I needed to press command as well :O) Thanks for the tip, I still have a long way to go before I learn everything.

OP
DescendeadRose
Reaction score
lol, I didn't realize it at first either :p I haven't had mine for quite a week yet, but I'm having a lot of fun learning it! Hope you are too, and that you get all your program switching needs covered :)

OP
DescendeadRose
Reaction score
Something I never really worried about, but wanted to add... I don't know where people ever got that Macs are not good for gaming. Granted I'm not hardcore by any means, and never even really used my Windows machine for games. But I got three for my iMac, just for giggles, and I am thoroughly impressed. X Plane 9, Call of Duty 4, and Amnesia: The dark descent (that game is creepy as... ****...) all ran perfectly smooth, completely maxed out. (of course the Mac versions, I don't and won't bother with bootcamp at all) All of them very fun in their own ways!

It's something trivial maybe on a machine that I intended for productivity alone, but I had always been told Macs can't do it. Well... They do it very well!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
Something I never really worried about, but wanted to add... I don't know where people ever got that Macs are not good for gaming. Granted I'm not hardcore by any means, and never even really used my Windows machine for games. But I got three for my iMac, just for giggles, and I am thoroughly impressed. X Plane 9, Call of Duty 4, and Amnesia: The dark descent (that game is creepy as... ****...) all ran perfectly smooth, completely maxed out. (of course the Mac versions, I don't and won't bother with bootcamp at all) All of them very fun in their own ways!

It's something trivial maybe on a machine that I intended for productivity alone, but I had always been told Macs can't do it. Well... They do it very well!!!

I too do some gaming on my Mac, with World of Warcraft, Civilization, and Starcraft 2. The problem is that most of the games we both listed are older games. Macs generally do not include the newest most powerful gaming video cards. There also used to be an issue of game developers doing a poor job of porting their games to the Mac, if they even bothered to port them at all (that and games would come out on the Mac months after they were released for windows).

Recently, however, these things have started to change. Now with services like Steam on the Mac, its becoming a more serious gaming platform.

OP
DescendeadRose
Reaction score
I meant to post a photo of it last week, but here it is! lol It looks small in the photo, but, it sure did fill the desk! :D

100_3203.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2010 2.4 GHz 2gig RAM 320gig HD
Just give yourself a bit of time with the learning curve, get to know the OS, and don't try to make it behave like windows and I'm sure that you'll be happy.

I'm entirely the opposite - I'm happy now it does behave like Windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.