Best Dual-Layer DVDs for iDVD?

Reaction score
I have always had trouble burning dual layer dvds with idvd. I often get the "Multiplex Error," and have tried everything I have ever read online about how to solve this problem. From adjusting the burn speed to changing the performance and encoding, nothing has worked.
I do have success with them sometimes, but i was wondering if anyone could suggest a "good" dual-layer dvd brand that I could work with.
I am currently using Philips DVD+R Double Layer 8x speed DVDS.

Would changing the brand make a difference? And if so, which brand should I go for? Help is always appreciated!!!! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac i3 3.06Ghz, 4GB Ram, Snow Leopard 10.6.4
I always use verbatim. Used to use cheap media but never works out in the end. I've found with good quality media such as verbatim or imation then the burn speed does not matter as much as when you use cheap knock off media

OP
N
Reaction score
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Well in general. I have tried a few brands and these are the only ones that burned successfully. It wasn't specifically for iDVD, but I did use one for that program with no issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.