Address book will not sync

Reaction score
Address Book can sync with an online profile (or it should, Google in this case).

Address Book>Preferences>Accounts>Account Information is where you set it up, but it never sticks and every time I come back, it's gone. Nothing.

iCal sync works fine, between the Mac and my Android phone. A new appointment on either machine appears on the other.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'm pretty sure that Google sync is only enabled when you have an iPhone.

OP
M
Reaction score
Where does it say that?

If that were the case, iCal sync wouldn't work. What phone I have is irrelevant, because the Mac never sees the phone. Mac syncs with the server; server syncs with phone. The problem is between the Mac and the server. You can do it without any phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Where does it say that?
iTunes: Syncing address book contacts with your Google contacts

If that were the case, iCal sync wouldn't work.
They're two separate programs, they have nothing to do with each other.

What phone I have is irrelevant, because the Mac never sees the phone. Mac syncs with the server; server syncs with phone. The problem is between the Mac and the server. You can do it without any phone.

Obviously Apple and Google feel the phone is important in this case. To enable contact syncing via Address Book, you have to have an iPhone.

There are third-party tools available however that let you sync, or you can even import your Address Book contacts manually into Gmail.

OP
M
Reaction score
OK, here's what the window looks like, under the Preferences, I'm not using iTunes - no mention of an iphone. This software engineer thinks the sync does work, see also this blog, and an official FAQ.

Untitled_8.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well it's obviously not working despite what you want to believe or not believe. While that particular article references iTunes, the feature still is available only to iPhones.

And you seem more belligerent than actually wanting help, so I'll move on to someone who actually would appreciate it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.