Safari image display problem: 10.4.2's fault?

D

djmitch

I'm wondering if anyone running 10.4.2 is having this same problem. Before I updated to this I could see every image on a web page in Safari. However now, I can see most images but some don't show up. For example, on one financial web site that displays mutual fund info, I used to be able to see charts depicting historical fund returns but now those charts don't appear anymore.

Is this a 10.4.2 problem, or is there some setting on my Mac that I haven't yet found despite scouring the help menus?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
If it is happening with only one site, then it could be just a problem with that site.

If the images are in any way Java based (like a realtime display or something, etc) then it could be a problem with the update. The recent Java updates for Mac have resulted in problems with some sites.

It could also just be a connection issue with your ISP. The page load could be timing out before the images load. I would try clearing the cache and history and reloading the page.

Have you tried using any other browsers? (Firefox, Netscape, etc)
If you have, are you getting the same result?

OP
D

djmitch

When I view the site in question on Windows machines using IE, I can see these charts no problem. Also, I've set Safari Enhancer to automatically clear the cache, and reloading the page doesn't help either - I just get that lame blue box with a question mark in it where the chart is supposed to be. BTW, I'm running Safari 2.0.

This site is also not the only one with a problem. There was another instance on another web page where I was filling in required fields on a form, and because the page didn't refresh properly or something I kept getting some Java message telling me to fill in this one field that I was not able to select. Once again, I had to grudgingly resort to doing this on a Windows machine and it worked with no problems. I had even tried running IE on my Mac but the same problem occurred. Sounds like a Mac problem to me and not a browser one in this particular case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Sadly, some pages with Java seem to have problems on Macs since the last Java update. I too, have resorted to using a Windows box to access some pages. I have not been able to find any other fix or work around for this. Hopefully, this will get corrected soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Safari 2.0 killed my online banking. However Firefox 1.0.4 works fine. It's worth a shot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.