My last questions before buying MBP..please!

Reaction score
Hi there!

I was thinking about buying the Macbook pro 13 2010. I have some questions very important to me before buying it! Let´s see if you can help me:):

1: I am Spanish and I´m going to buy the laptop here in Hong Kong since it is 300€ cheaper than Spain. However, I changed the language of the keyboard to Spanish and I could write the "Ñ" but I could not type the written accent/tilde ( for example like this: camión. do you know how to solve this problem? If I can not write tildes I can not buy it since I write Spanish very often.:\

2: I love the laptop, it is very nice and the design is awesome but...Do you think the hardware is good enough? I was told that because of the Mac OS you do not need to much specifications. Do u think the macbook pro 13 2010 is strong enough to last several years? ( I use it for average usage...a bit of photoshop, mails, surfing the net, etc...but in a very nervous way, i mean, I always have tons of tabs and programs opened at the same time:))

3: When you use windonws on the Mac, that it takes a lot of memory?? or it is like running windows in a normal pc? I have seen several videos with people playing games on MBP through windows and it looks very stable!

4: If you do not mind, I would like to hear your impressions about this laptop. Once you touch it, you can feel it is very nice but I am still a bit reluctant about it since it is my first time.

Thank you very much in advance! hope you can help me!

Take care!

Reaction score
I have just bought the MBP 13" 2010.
Great notebook. I do not run Windows on mine as I feel that Mac OS is so much better.
One word of warning, if you do decide to run Windows on it you will need to get an anti-virus software due to the risk of viruses on windows.
I am not sure about the accents on letters, you can do it on the English keyboard by holding 'alt' pressing the letter you want the accent on, releasing 'alt' and pressing the letter like so: ñ é.

Hope this helps.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thank you very much for answering! I will try in the shop!

My maximum concern is to buy the macbook pro and get a totally new desing next year! that would kill me!! LOL

I always wanted a MAC and here in HK is way cheaper than Spain...That´s why I was thinking about buying it! The performance is good i guess but what if they just totally change the model?? I mean, not just a simple upgrade of the processor but the whole pc....Scared!! LOL

Thanks again!

Reaction score
Haha. You could go through life worrying about things like that. There will be newer models, just like with the iPhone but no one knows when these will be and Apple will continue to release updates for older models.

I say go for it! Best laptop I have ever bought!

Reaction score
Windows on Mac with Boot Camp works fine

No worries about Windows on the Mac. We have our Macbook Pro set to dual boot using the Mac's Boot Camp utility with Vista (a terrible OS) and Snow Leopard. The machine behaves like any other pc with a similar processor when the Windows OS is loaded. We use Windows only on rare occasions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Havn't you already posted this topic the other day?

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.