• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

My MBP got some new tattoos!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Starring ET and Bob Marley! It has only been on for 2 days and I have already ran out of fingers and toes to count the compliments! :) It was so hard to get the pictures right with the stupid reflection off of the stoneshield material...I had to edit it a little.
IMG_0406.jpg
Opinion?

The thick stoneshield material makes it look like the ET and bob are peeling, but it's just the light that goes under it due to the stoneshield being clear and thick.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Now that is some cool stuff !

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Looks ...... Yep ill ditto the coolness too !!!

IMO would like to not see the  through ET's finger though. Sort of ruins it for me ;)

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Looks ...... Yep ill ditto the coolness too !!!

IMO would like to not see the  through ET's finger though. Sort of ruins it for me ;)

I know...I asked the seller if he could make his whole hand black, but he refused... I'm going to work on patching it with some electrical tape.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
They sell a ton of these on Etsy. All sorts of cool ones. I'm thinking about getting the one with Mario holding the apple logo. Either that one or ironman, with the apple logo where his chest thingy is.

Reaction score
Wait. Back the truck up. What the heck is stoneshield material?

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Wait. Back the truck up. What the heck is stoneshield material?
That's what it is named when we make the material. It then gets re-branded to "invisible-shield" or "invisishield" after it is bought from us by ZAGG? I have my own rolls, the only problem is I have to cut it myself:\

PS: "Stoneshield" is THE original material name used by the military, which you now see being used my ZAGG and a different variation from others(different size thicknesses).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I know...I asked the seller if he could make his whole hand black, but he refused... I'm going to work on patching it with some electrical tape.

Yea not sure if the whole hand needs to be blacked out..... Just that tiny portion of the tip of finger would set it off IMO ....

Have you done it as yet ??? Give us a look lol

My bad after looking again and re-reading my post, i find doing this and making it look good in nigh impossible ;P

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I actually got it done late last night. Black electrical tape didn't look the same color black as the skin, black magic marker did, however! I just cut out two pieces of stoneshield, and colored each in with the black p. marker, and taped them over each other before putting it over ET's finger. Too much covering looked weird, too little looked too obvious. I just tried to match the other fingertip that was all black.

Here it is:
IMG_0423.jpg

Looks a lot better in my opinion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Do they do custom cuts? I was thinking about getting this vinyl for mine.

11spnxs.gif

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.