My Cmd + S shortcut doesn't work

Reaction score
I think this has been an issue since I first got my Macbook Pro. Cmd + S (Quick Save) doesn't work in any application. Does anyone know how to enable it? I checked the Keyboard Shortcuts but I'm not sure what to change in order for it to work.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Command + S is Single User Mode shortcut.

Here is a list of Apple shortcuts available:-

Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts

If you are using OS X.6 and Word, the F12 key will save.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
It works as "Save" in Text Edit and OpenOffice just off the top of my head.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I think this has been an issue since I first got my Macbook Pro. Cmd + S (Quick Save) doesn't work in any application. Does anyone know how to enable it? I checked the Keyboard Shortcuts but I'm not sure what to change in order for it to work.

Thanks
What applications have you been trying this with? Are you sure that the command button works?

G'day and welcome to the forums.

Command + S is Single User Mode shortcut.

Here is a list of Apple shortcuts available:-

Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts

If you are using OS X.6 and Word, the F12 key will save.
Command-S starts you up in single-user mode if you push that at startup. Check the heading for the section where you got that. I think you need to get your glasses checked. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 15" i7 HR AG MBP, 2009 17" AG MBP,2009 8core 2.26 MP,2010 quad MP,17" 2007MBP,macs back to 1985
Check under the Speech preference pane in you system preferences, happened to me that speech was activated so my hitting command + S when text is highlighted made my MBP speak it :D whilst this was activated i couldnt use the shortcut in any other application. Bothered me like s*** until i found that out :D

hope that helps

OP
C
Reaction score
Check under the Speech preference pane in you system preferences, happened to me that speech was activated so my hitting command + S when text is highlighted made my MBP speak it :D whilst this was activated i couldnt use the shortcut in any other application. Bothered me like s*** until i found that out :D

hope that helps

That was it! I totally forgot I posted this question. Thank you.

Reaction score
2 Things

What applications have you been trying this with? Are you sure that the command button works?

Command-S starts you up in single-user mode if you push that at startup. Check the heading for the section where you got that. I think you need to get your glasses checked. ;)

CMD - S Is Two Things...

Saving

Single User Mode :Evil:

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.