Windows XP Pro sp2 bootcamp issue

Reaction score
Hello

Can you help me with this problem? When trying to install windows XP Pro sp2 using bootcamp assistant. It runs through the installation and then stops. The following message appears:

Press any key to boot from CD ....
Disk error
Press any key to restart

Nothing happens when I press 'any' key and I don't know how to eject the CD.

Cheers

Tom

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can always eject the CD by booting to OS X and use the normal eject method.

However, when you received that message, you should not reboot from the Windows CD as that will start the installation process again. Just let the machine reboot normally from Windows. (Windows will do the rebooting automatically) It will not boot from the CD. So just leave the CD alone. Once Windows is installed, you can eject the CD from Windows. Be sure to read the Boot Camp instructions.

Reaction score
XP also works well virually, within Parallels or Fusion for example. For my one legacy PC-only program, that is what I use. No noticeable lag or speed issues.

Reaction score
Make sure when you first set up your winxp...

Make sure the HD is formatted in NTFS. I had the same issue, I switched it to NTFS and it worked fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.