iTunes won't open OSX

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MAC OS 10.4.11, dual 2.7 POWER PC G5, 6GB DDR SDRAM
iTunes won't open. an "unkown error occured (13014)". also, can't find the music library at User/Music/iTunes. But, if i go in as a different User, no problems. iTunes opens, and is fully functional, iTunes music folder intact. HELP!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Have you tried restarting the computer and trying again?

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
have iTunes 9.1.1 but it works perfetly well if i log in as a different user. In my user, the Music library "iTunes music folder" is empty...and there is no folder icon in front of the word "iTunes"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
BTW: You have 2 threads running with the same main topic (iTunes error 13014) and you have PMed me with the same problem.
Your best bet for a solution is to stick to one thread only and not start multiple threads that only confuse forum readers.

One possible solution for this problem (error 13014) is deleting the "iTunes Library Genius.itdb" in the iTunes folder.
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1702943
content

But since your whole iTunes folder is empty it appears your music is gone. To find out if your music is really gone, select the iTunes folder and press "command+i" on your keyboard. If the music is still on there it should have a size of about 10MB to +10GB.
If it is about 75KB (the size of an empty library) your music is gone unless you have got a backup.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
selected iTunes folder as suggested and hit "command+i" (Get Info)...zero kb! music and library are gone! where and more importantly, why, did they go? must have been the Bob Dylan CD i was trying to play :)

Not sure what to do nest. If i log out, then log in as a different "user" everything is intact and functions normally. what does that mean? can i recreate the link to the iTunes app in my user?

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
wow....brainstorm

i opened in "another user", copied the "iTunes/Music" files, then log back into "my user" and pasted them where they should be....iTunes opened acting like it was the first time it ever opened, and started importing music from...i don't know where, and movies also....foolishly, i stopped the import (because i have lots of movies and didn't want to "clog" it up)...that was a mistake, because i don't know where it was pulling them from. evidently, everything is still there, somewhere...but hidden. how can i find those files? I already tried searching with finder before this and found nothing.

man...i was just "fishing" in the dark. that really surprised me!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks...i'll try that. after looking around a bit, i think the files it was downloading into iTunes were stored in other folders....not the big music library that i lost...just bits and pieces i had either sent in an email or imbedded in a doc or saved in another folder for use with an animation, etc.

is it possible the music library couold be hidden? i'll try this. thanks McYukon.

:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.