IPHONE 3GS wont ring

Reaction score
My IPHONE 3gs stopped ringing on incoming calls. It vibrates ok and when I select a ring tone, it rings ok. I have checked the settings etc. and dont have it turned off. anyone have any thoughts?

Reaction score
Have you tried backing it up and restoring it in itunes? It hasn't suffered any water damage has it?

You can also try plugging and unplugging headphones into the jack to see if it has got stuck in headphone mode.

Or just try to reset settings by going:
Settings > General > Reset > Reset all settings.

OP
P
Reaction score
No it hasn't been wet. I tried resetting to no avail and tried the head phone jack but no joy. I wonder if it would help to revert to a previous version of the IOS?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Revert to factory settings and then upgrade again would probably be your best bet, it could be a number of things really

- Simon

Reaction score
Silly question, but have you toggled the vibrate switch on and off a couple of times?
Might just be that it has got stuck somehow?

OP
P
Reaction score
I don't beleive it!! The switch must have been dirty or something! Who would have suspected.

Thank you all who answered I really appreciate your kind responses!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.