Canon SD990

Reaction score
Hi there, I just got an imac computer this weekend and I'm having trouble connecting it using the canon software. I spent lots of time this weekend searching the web and was able to get it to recognize using iphoto. I would really like to use the canon software since I'm used to it but can not get the image program to recognize the camera. Any ideas? Again I'm brand new to the Mac world so please don't assume I know anything:) Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
Doesn't sound like it's an issue with the camera or even with the mac, since it loads in iPhoto.

You say that the image program won't recognize the camera. Am I to take it then that there is a mac version and it's installed? If so, it sounds like there may be an issue with the software, possibly.

What software does it use?

OP
T
Reaction score
I still had the disc that came with the camera, which I installed on the mac. So the software is the camera software. I even tried loading the newest version from the canon site which didn't work either. When the canon software opens it pulls up the image capture program and that shows no camera.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
Man. Did a little googling. Can't find anything recent. They had some issues in 2006 with the software, apparently, but this is a newer camera than that...

I'd tell you to just use iPhoto, but I know that doesn't exactly answer your question. Wish I could be of more help, but I'm not familiar with the software.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.