Will it support full HD?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13"
I'm currently waiting on delivery of a MiniDVI > VGA adapter for my little MacBook.

I've done some looking around and can't find an answer for certain - will I be able to display on my external monitor at a resolution of 1920x1080?

I picked up this MacBook at a low cost and it's ideal - but for long periods of use I'd like to use it with my monitor.

Thanks, Chris.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'm going to guess no since VGA isn't natively capable of HD.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
The best place to start is by opening the owner's manual for your TV and checking to see what resolutions it will accept via it's vga port.

C

chas_m

Amazingly, Apple have a tech specs page for every model they sell, and here's what it says about this for the MacBook:

"Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors"

The things you can find by looking in the obvious place sometimes, eh?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.