price of non-macs

C

catchawave

My friend's computer just died and she had to get another one. I think she ended up getting a laptop but I'm not sure.
She knows I'm getting a new laptop also. She really doesn't listen to what I tell her - LOL. But she knows I use Macs. She never says anything about them one way or the other.
She just emailed me this morning and said I should one like hers because it would only cost 500.00
I know it's not a Mac.
None of my friends have Macs --
How can PC'ers get these computers so cheap? I have no intentions whatsoever to switching over. I'm getting an ibook (waiting to see if they uprade next week).
But I'm just curious as to what the differences are to make that big of a difference in price???

Reaction score
catchawave said:
But I'm just curious as to what the differences are to make that big of a difference in price???

You are paying for form as well as function with an Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
catchawave said:

Think of Apple as the Mercedes Benz... or BMW of computers... They cost more... But what a sweet ride.

OP
H

HeXp£Øi±

mynameis said:
You are paying for form as well as function with an Apple.

As well as brand name. Pc components are truly mass-produced and the more you make of something the cheaper it will be.

Love my pc and love my mac. :yinyang:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.