wireless mouse not working

E

elocs

I have a Kensington wireless bluetooth mouse with my 2 day old mini and after the mini went to sleep and I went to wake it up, there was no mouse to be found. I tried "discover", but it hasn't worked. I'm kind of helpless without mouse since I do not have a wired mouse to work with. Any ideas?

TIA,
Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
Not to be rude, but the battary's are fine right?

OP
E

elocs

The batteries in the mouse are brand new. I did the most simple thing to solve the problem and that was to go and buy a $10 wired mouse from Best Buy and used it to re-establish a connection with the bluetooth mouse. I had to establish a connection again after the power went out last night, but I didn't have to use the wired mouse this time. The Mac was looking for a bluetooth device and I had to push the discover button on the mouse in order for a connection.

OP
E

elocs

I took back the Kensington Bluetooth mouse today.
The constantly having to "rediscover" the mouse after the mini had been sleeping got old. When it worked, it worked well, but the $10 wired mouse from Best Buy works all the time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.