IMac G5 Power Failure Help

Reaction score
My IMac G5 Isight is suffering from some unusual symptoms. I was watching videos online and out of nowhere my Mac instantly turned off. I pressed the power button to turn it back on but nothing happened. I unplugged it from the wall and let it sit for 20 minutes. I came back and tried again and it turned on. I went back to what I was doing, and ten minutes later it shut off again. Once again, I unplugged it for 20 minutes and turned it back on. 10 minutes later it shut down again.

I was away from a couple weeks and I left the computer unplugged. When I returned, I tried once again to use the Mac. However, this time it stayed on for 10 hours before it turned off again. Now it has returned to shutting off every 10 minutes after being unplugged for 20 minutes.

I have run software tests on most of the components and I believe that nothing is overheating. The software at least indicated that the RAM and Hard drive were functioning properly. I fear that this may be a faulty logic board and I am hoping that it is a failing power supply or a much easier fix.

What is the mostly likely internal component that is causing this: a failing power supply, faulty logic board, damaged hard drive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.