$100 off instantly, is this good deal?

J

j4kovzky

i recently ordered a pb over the phone, befoire anyhting elas i told the guy " am ready to get a pb g4 12", what discount can you get me?" he immediatley said, " i can take 100 USD off." not sure if its a good deal, and there is no catch for the instant off (none that i know of). and the switch begins. just wondering why they're generous today? is it a good deal at all? i didnt get applecare, though i'd get it later.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Is this Apple you were ordering from?

If so, I'd bet that new/faster PowerBooks will be introduced soon. New iBooks are supposed to be just around the corner; maybe they'll upgrade the PowerBooks soon to keep them a step ahead.

In any case, keep in mind that Amazon has been offering US$150 discounts on the PowerBook models it sells.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
i ordered a powerbook a while back and i got the 100 bucks off. The reason I got the money back is because i started a got a new apple ID, its kind of like a thank you for getting an apple ID. you just mail in your receipt and your label off the box and they cut you a check for 100 bucks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
and you didnt tell me this earlyer when i got my ibook why?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
It's been rumoured for a while...

Before buying a mac, remember to check macrumors.com buyers guide:
They list the expected revision cycles for all models, so the iBooks for example are waaay overdue for one and you can expect some sort of update this month or next.

OP
H

Harryc

PunkRockTuba said:
i ordered a powerbook a while back and i got the 100 bucks off. The reason I got the money back is because i started a got a new apple ID, its kind of like a thank you for getting an apple ID. you just mail in your receipt and your label off the box and they cut you a check for 100 bucks.
Is this still in effect? I just get an apple ID and get 100 bucks. I assume that you are talking about getting a .mac account? I just got an iBook about a week ago. I did not see any mention of this at apple.com.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
You can usually get them to knock at least $100 off the price anyhow... Every time I order I simply find a price online (even from an unauthorized dealer) and they will still help me out and bring the price down... In fact, last time they actually beat the price of the unauthorized dealer. You just have to get the right sales guy at the right time. I've actually tried calling a few different times until I get the guy who will give me the price I want... and it worked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
harryc said:
Is this still in effect? I just get an apple ID and get 100 bucks. I assume that you are talking about getting a .mac account? I just got an iBook about a week ago. I did not see any mention of this at apple.com.

No its not a .mac account. I went to apple.com and went to store and setup an apple ID, a few days later I got an email telling me that to print out this coupon for $100 off as a sort of thank you for signing up in the apple store. They called it the "Go. Save" offer.

OP
J

j4kovzky

pankajdubey said:
Was this an education account ?

Pankaj

is this question for me? if so, no, it's not educationa account. this just give 100 off, that's all , no catch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
can you get the education discount too?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My $100 off was an education account, I guess thats the difference. Sorry, I didnt even think to mention that when I first started talking about it.

OP
H

Harryc

PunkRockTuba said:
My $100 off was an education account, I guess thats the difference. Sorry, I didnt even think to mention that when I first started talking about it.
That makes sense now, thanks :).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
Can I get the $100 discount on the Ipod mini? Is so that would be great!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.