How do you convert text to listen to it in itunes?

Reaction score
I heard you can convert large readings to itunes. I was told Alex the mac voice can read it & you can transfer this to itunes & load it to your iphone/pod. Does anyone have experience with how to do this if so would you kindly help. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I've just run a trial exercise on this topic. I opened a text file, and pressed Cmd-F5 (Voiceover on). The voice proceeded to read the file.

I opened WireTap and used that. It faithfully recorded the voice reading the text file and then automatically transferred the recording to iTunes (a preference setting in WT).

WireTap WireTap Studio | Ambrosia Software, Inc. is top-shelf in terms of recording anything going through your Mac, but it's not cheap. There's a free trial available.

OP
K
Reaction score
Someone emailed me this. It's so cool. All my school books are digital & I'm trying to learn parts for a play. Plus read my lengthy emails from my business.
So it takes me about a half hour. I copy paste make it to a voice track. sync my iphone & listen in the car while I'm running errands or driving to class or work.

In Snow Leopard, this is done via the Services menu, but it needs to be
turned on first. Do System Prefs>Keyboard Shortcuts>Services> then
Text: Add to iTunes as a Spoken Track.

Next, highlight any text, in any application and do Services > Add to
iTunes as a Spoken Track to have it be converted to an audio recording
into iTunes.

IMPORTANT: There is currently a little issue with this and iTunes 10.
It is easily fixed, as explained here:

iTunes Automator workflows no longer working after iTunes 10
<http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-20015540-263.html>

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.