Dvd/Cd Drive won't line up with Mac casing eject slot

Reaction score
I'm putting my Mac back together after installing a new HD. My trouble is that if I screw the DVD/Cd rom drive in too much, where it looks as though it is plush and secure, there is too much pressure on the drive from the back of the mac, and the dvd/cd has trouble even moving inside of the drive.

BUT, if I screw the screen on too LOOSE, once i put the casing on, the dvd eject slot doesnt reach far back enough to line up with the cd rom drive, which makes it impossible for the rom drive to eject cds... Is this something that happens or am I just overlooking something here?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Try putting it in 'loose', and use sponge or other soft rubber buffers to take up any slack behind/beside the optical drive. Silicon rubber might be better than sponge. The drive will flex as required.

Btw, can we safely assume that your "2.66Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo" refers to an iMac (late 2008 version)?

OP
N
Reaction score
yes, I have already solved the problem. I re-opened and and discovered that one of the cords was right behind the DVD player and was wedged in between it and the back of the computer. That made me feel really smart. Thanks for the help anyway! always appreciate it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Fixed!

I have already solved the problem ... one of the cords was right behind the DVD player.

And it would have sneaked in there when you weren't looking, happens all the time :Mischievous:. Glad the matter's resolved.

Hugh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Ahh ncascone those wires jammed at the rear of the optical drive are a real trap. It can happen the plastic casing can be cut causing a short and ZAPP!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.