DacMagic DAC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, 13" MBP, G5 PPC, G4 PPC G4 eMac
I have just bought a Cambridge Audio Dacmagic. 99% of my music is played via my Mac Mini into A Sherwood Audio amp.
It's always sounded pretty good, but the addition of the DacMagic has really opened up the soundstage. What was once a cramped and unexceptional sound is now superbly wide and clear as a bell. Individual instruments on busy pieces of music are clear and well defined. The playback of CDs is greatly improved too.
The DacMagic has 3 filters to choose from, and different types and styles of music sound nicer using different filters. The filters also bring out the best of poorly ripped MP3s.
This DAC has 3 digital inputs. One USB and two others. The others have the option of being optical or coaxial.

The DacMagic sells for around 200 UK pounds and is a worthy addition to any computer based audio system. The improvement is well worth the money. There are many reviews out there in internet land. Have a read, it's not just me who likes it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.