4.1 on iPhone 3G

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro, iPod Nano 5th Gen. Yellow 16GB, iPhone 3G 16GB
iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3G

I recently saw a video on youtube, as well as a few articles in which someone had managed to get their iPhone 3G to multitask as well as pretty much everything else offered with iOS 4 and 4.1. Wondering of anyone knows how to do this?

I recently updated my iPhone 3G, and it took so long, I had to leave it over night. To my dismay, the only change when I picked it up in the morning was that the dock was a little shinier.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't need the multitasking. In fact I'd be happy if I could just get some folders...

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I recently saw a video on youtube, as well as a few articles in which someone had managed to get their iPhone 3G to multitask as well as pretty much everything else offered with iOS 4 and 4.1. Wondering of anyone knows how to do this?

I recently updated my iPhone 3G, and it took so long, I had to leave it over night. To my dismay, the only change when I picked it up in the morning was that the dock was a little shinier.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't need the multitasking. In fact I'd be happy if I could just get some folders...

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
iOS4 is laggy on my 3G so I had to downgrade.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
I got the 4.0 upgrade for my iphone 3G like normal through iTunes, but just like CrimonRequiem it ended up being too laggy. My advise don't do it... or if your like me and read about laggy iphones but just want to do it anyway then good luck, do it, and then later on you'll more than likely downgrade again :D

- Simon

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have 4.1 on my phone and have no problems with speed at all, but what I'm saying is none of the new features are working. I know muti-tasking and backgrounds aren't available on the 3G, but folders should be, and I don't even have those. As far as I can tell, nothing changed when I switched to 4.1.

Also, like I mentioned I saw a video in which someone DID have multi-tasking and orientation lock and everything on a 3G, anyone know how to do this?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm sorry, I posted this one in the wrong spot. I tried to delete it, but I'm not sure how.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
All those featured worked fine for me and I didn't have to do anything else except upgrade i'm afraid

-Simon

Reaction score
Hrm. I have a 4 but my gf has a 3G running 4.1 and she has folders a d it runs great.

Reaction score
I have 4.1 on my iPhone 3G, speed was far less of an issue than on 4.0

Folders also work, did you try dragging an icon over another one? (that's how you create a folder)

Only way to get multitasking or home screen wallpaper is to jailbreak

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.