Can't set wallpaper

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Unibody MacBook. 4GB Mem. 2GH Processor. 500GB Harddrive. Latest Version of Snow Leopard.
I apologize if this topic is already up somewhere but I just joined and i didn't see it. This really isn't a pressing matter but does anyone else remember that you could right click on any image file, say a picture of a penguin or w/e, and one of the options towards the bottom was "set as desktop background" or something along those line. I used to do this all the time right from the desktop. so unless im crazy, does anyone know why all of the sudden that option isn't there? for any images. i know i hadn't run software update until right after i notice this, trying to see if it was something that would be fixed by an update, but the only update was a java script. did apple remove this feature? just fyi, im running on a release date 13" Aluminum MacBook (not the 13" pro), with the latest version of snow leopard. like i said, this isn't a big deal, i can still change my wallpaper but this was an easy option i used to use all the time and now its gone!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Should be called Set Desktop Picture - its still there on my Macbook

Are you using some odd image types that the desktop doesn't support, if not I would run a combo update to refresh the system

Mac OS X v10.6.4 Update (Combo)

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Unibody MacBook. 4GB Mem. 2GH Processor. 500GB Harddrive. Latest Version of Snow Leopard.
im downloading that update now, but ive tried a bunch of image types. i get all my wallpapers off wallbase.net and it used to work with those, won't now. won't work with photobooth pics, screenshots, nothing. ill post an update after i run that combo update.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the help. That update did the trick. Not sure why it went away in the first place but it's back now. Thanks again.

Reaction score
Same problem here

Right click -> Set Desktop Picture has stopped appearing. I tried re-starting my system and also installed the update combo, but still it isn't coming up. :-(

Mine is a 10.6.6 OS version.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.