Facetime Beta

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Yep, there are random reported issues with both the download and the install.

Reaction score
I can't sign in.

(I don't know why I am to begin with- I don't know anybody with an iPhone 4, 4G iPod touch or another Mac!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Hating facetime!

Tried it with a friend from Mac to Mac, and what a nightmare it is with the contacts options being from address book with all the alternatives of contact information.
ie For this friend, I have a bunch of different address book contacts, and in Facetime, you don't get to view the information in address book relating to the contact, so you have to try to call each one, or go to address book and see which one it is, and then go back and scroll down to the one on the corresponding list.

You don't get an option to make a call by manually putting in an email or phone number of your choice!

Sux big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exclamation marks necessary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
On a positive note.... sun is shining, and the weather is sweet :)

Reaction score
Hating facetime!

Tried it with a friend from Mac to Mac, and what a nightmare it is with the contacts options being from address book with all the alternatives of contact information.
ie For this friend, I have a bunch of different address book contacts, and in Facetime, you don't get to view the information in address book relating to the contact, so you have to try to call each one, or go to address book and see which one it is, and then go back and scroll down to the one on the corresponding list.

You don't get an option to make a call by manually putting in an email or phone number of your choice!

Sux big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exclamation marks necessary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well it is only beta. :Angry-Tongue:

;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I know.... and I hope they nut this one out :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.