Mac internet history

Reaction score
I have an iMac (10.6.4) and need to find my browsing history. I have to find a site that I found a long time ago but regularly delete history (Firefox). How to I find this history?

:Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Welcome to Mac Forums.
If you regularly delete the history, and have since you visited that site, you are out most likely out of luck.
You may find something in User/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/etc. folders, otherwise, not going to happen.

OP
L
Reaction score
Thank you, however that is not what i have heard. Apparently, history is stored in a computer AND the browser, and the history can be found even if deleted from the browser.:Confused:

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Where/Who did you hear this from? The browser history is stored by the Browser not the OS.

On the computer yes as the browser is on the computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4Ghz Core i5 4GB 1066Mhz 320GB 5400-rpm
Have you tried a Google search with one or two good key words pertaining to the sites content ?

The beauty of that method is that even if you don't find the exact site you were looking for, you may still find the info/product you are looking for...

Are you sure you're not just trying to see what sites someone else has been going to? and why do you delete your history so often ? J/K

Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.