iPhoto '09 Hangs

Reaction score
So gang, I'm still in the past, using iLife '09. I'm not ready to upgrade to '11 yet…at least not for another year. My main issues are the hanging on my MacBook.

MacBook 6,1
2.26 GHz Intel C2D
2 GB RAM

I would natively figure that a MacBook with those specifications would be able to handle iPhoto '09 well, but my problem is that simply even merging two small events together causes the hangs, or even a crash.

What can be recommended to me? As often as I use iPhoto, I don't run other applications at the same time, despite the speed of the computer. More RAM? Or simply upgrading to '11?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I just got it today and installed it. All I can say is it's amazing. >_<" I installed it on my MB specs under my user name. Not sure why it would hang when you are trying to do something so simple.

OP
C
Reaction score
I just got it today and installed it. All I can say is it's amazing. >_<" I installed it on my MB specs under my user name.

Might purchase it with Lion next year then… :$

Not sure why it would hang when you are trying to do something so simple.

I don't understand why it does this. I would think with the specs I have it would do fine, but something is telling me I probably need more than 2GB RAM. Either that or something is going wrong… >.<

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.