13" Macbook casing...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 3Ghz, 4GB RAM, Nano, iPhone4, Shuffle
Hi guys, I've got the 'old shape' 13" white macbook. Bought it in 2008 and its done me a great service thus far.

I had originally planned on upgrading to a Pro but unfortunately I dont have the cash anymore.

I'm therefore looking for some solutions to reviving it... I was thinking I could replace the casing and facias (sp?) but not sure where to start. I have done a search and found nothing. Wouldnt mind attempting to fit them myself but also wondered if Apple would replace it in store. The 'Genius' I asked in the Apple Store didn't know.

I am based in Glasgow in the UK. If anyone has any information that could help me Id be extremely grateful.

Cheers

Stuart

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Hi triathlonstu, generally facias for any laptop are pretty hard to come by, about the only easy thing to come across are decals really. Really depends on how much you want to spend and how much you love your laptop :D

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 3Ghz, 4GB RAM, Nano, iPhone4, Shuffle
No worries, I guess my budget is £100 maybe a bit more?

My other option is selling it on and getting an 11" Macbook Air or something similar...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13"
Hey, nice to see someone local here.

I have a 2007 MacBook in the White casing... when I got it (For a small price) it was more Grey with Yellow keys!

I disconnected the AC from the mains and removed the battery, sat with a packet of Dettol cleansing wipes and started on the keys - lots of small rubs and then removing with kitchen cloth - they came up like new.

Done the same between the keys, around the palmrest and then the touchpad - the laptop was looking brand new. Using water and kitchen roll only on the LCD the finished article is spot on.

I left it overnight before reconnecting everything and also fitted 2GB RAM ... installed Snow Leopard clean the next day, got a tidy little laptop to tide me over until the new MBP is released.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
I think I would be to scared to let even the smallest amount of water near my MacBook Pro haha

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.