Printing Problems under Boot Camp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" i5 Quad Core 2.8 GHz, OSx 10.6.4 and Windows 7 Pro.
I have both OSx 10.6.4 and Windows 7 Pro operating on two Boot Camp partitions..
Both work fine but I cannot print from the Windows side.
I've tried re-installing the Printer drivers a couple of times, nothing adverse shows up in Device Manager either.

But every time I try to print a Windows document a get a conflict which results in Windows wanting to send a Report back to Microsoft and then closing down the printing operation..

Printer was supplied with both Mac and Windows installation Disks.
As I say no Installation problems on either system but only the Mac Partition will Print correctly

All-in-One Printer/Scanner/Copier is Kodak E3
(I know it's a cheap rubbishy Printer but I don't do a lot of Printing)

Any remedies anyone ??

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Post the exact error you're getting when trying to print. Perhaps we can figure something out. I assume you have the latest drivers installed from Kodak?

Also, are you sure the printer designation is E3? I could not find anything relating to that model. Might it be a Kodak ESP 3?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Post the exact error you're getting when trying to print. Perhaps we can figure something out. I assume you have the latest drivers installed from Kodak?

Also, are you sure the printer designation is E3? I could not find anything relating to that model. Might it be a Kodak ESP 3?

The exact Printer/Scanner/Copier is ESP3 (Sorry)..

I cannot print from any program, each program throws up it's own error message but they are all "conflicts".
Everytime the error message appears it closes down the loaded program..
I'll give you a couple of examples trying to print fron EditPadLite..

First error message to appear when I press the print command from the Menu Bar....

Access violation at address 06A05825 in module "EKIJ5000RRS.DLL".
Read of address 00000000...

I press OK on the error message and a second error message appears....

Access violation at address 004BCC0C in module "EditPadLite.exe".
Read of address 000002E4

I then press OK and EditPad Lite closes down and leaves me on the Desktop.

This happens with a variety of error message quotes depending on which program I am trying to print from at the time.....

Yes, I've downloaded the very latest firmware and drivers for the ESP3..
As I stated previously, everything installs without errors, Device Manager does not show up any defects or driver conflicts..

This problem has only arisen since I started using my Windows 7 with Boot Camp, so I'm assuming it's some kind of conflict caused by Boot Camp..

Thanks for helping, would appreciate any advice you can muster...
Ron.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Printer Problem Solved

I seemed to have solved the problem as follows :-

1) Completely un-installed ALL Kodak Software..
2) Manually removed ALL references and entries relating to "Kodak" from the Windows Registry..
3) Shutdown and re-started Windows..
4) Downloaded (again) the latest ESP-3 Software and Drivers from the Kodak Support site.
5) Re-Installed the newly downloaded Kodak Software.

Everything now seems to be printing OK under Windows in Boot Camp..

My apologies to Boot Camp for any previous rash statements and/or implications of shortcomings, it was all my fault, something I didn't do correctly in the original Kodak install/update !!
Thanks for any help anyway...
Ron..

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, great. Glad to hear you got it working. I was going to suggest the exact same thing as you did and to download newer drivers. Have fun and visit us often. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.