Speaker Issue

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

I'm here because I'm having a problem with my speakers (the build-in speakers) on my Macbook Pro. They somehow disabled and i have no idea how. Can i somehow enable them again? Or could they be broken?
I hope y'all can help me :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Make sure you did not hit the mute key (f10) and I assume you tried the volume up (f12)
then if that did not work look in the headphone port and make sure there is no red light
which would mean its hung on optical some times plugging and unplugging a set of phones will unstick it also look under sound in system preferences and make sure output
is under built in there are only 2 other choices and both will mute the internal speakers.

OP
F
Reaction score
Make sure you did not hit the mute key (f10) and I assume you tried the volume up (f12)
then if that did not work look in the headphone port and make sure there is no red light
which would mean its hung on optical some times plugging and unplugging a set of phones will unstick it
also look under sound in system preferences and make sure output
is under built in there are only 2 other choices and both will mute the internal speakers.

thanks for your post. it's got that red light in the headphone port and the sound works fine using headphones. so how do i fix it? (sorry if you already explained it to me, but your lack of punctuation gets me confused - no offense)

OP
F
Reaction score
nevermind, i've fixed it.
searched a couple of forums and found a solution. just had to plug and unplug my headphones a couple of times. actually i think that's what you told me, i just didn't get it at first because of my poor english vocabulary. so... thank you :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.