I have a question about macbook pro..:)

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I´m new here so this is my first post....

I am actually thinking about buying a Macbook pro 13´since here in Hong kong is cheaper than Spain...It is about almost 300 € cheaper!!

I think the Macbook pro looks great and I was told that even with not very high specifications it works better than most of the netbooks...

However, I am afraid of buying it now since it does not look very new...I guess real soon the new macbook pro 13 will be released and I dunno what to do!! I only have 2 more weeks left in Hong kong so I should buy it soon!

What do you think about it? Do u think the new one will be way better than the current one? I think the price here isnt tooo bad...that´s why I was thinking about buying it!!

Any suggestion!?

Cheers!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
If you need it now, buy now.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Apple just updated some options for the MacBook Pro line. Go on line and look at what's available from the Apple store. It's very likely that they will not update again any time soon. So as Crimson advises, buy it now if you are inclined to do so.

Reaction score
I'd be leery of buying any hardware abroad, because of warranty issues and local configurations. But maybe Apple does things a mite differently and your warranty will still be valid in Spain.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'd be leery of buying any hardware abroad, because of warranty issues and local configurations. But maybe Apple does things a mite differently and your warranty will still be valid in Spain.

The Apple warranty and Apple care are valid world wide. Apple does nothing different in other locations than they do here in the US. Of course there is a difference in local prices, taxes and VAT. In any event, Apple hardware is built in China regardless of where you purchase it from.

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. OS language and that stuff shouldn't be a problem either, correct? I'm assuming so, given that I can choose any language on my MBP, but I'd just like to be fully certain.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The local language is selectable as you say. The only thing I would advise folks who purchase outside the US and Canada is to make sure the keyboard they get is set for their local language. For example: Purchasing a MBP in Spain you would want a keyboard designed for Spanish not English.

Reaction score
Definitely, my keyboard doesn't have the Ñ (ni el acento, ni la dierecis).

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi there!

Thanks for all the answers!!

No u mention...I am from Spain so I would like to have the ñ and the accent...but I used laptops from USA or somewhere else and u can write proper spanish anyway! IM sure u will be able to configurate ur keyboard right??

SO u think its good idea to buy it? That´s great! I will have a look today!! almost 300€ is a good discount...I was worried if the laptop is old but apparently isnt bad moment to buy it?!!

Cheers!

Reaction score
You can still remap your keyboard to any language, even switch between two or more languages (I do this all the time, as I have to type in German sometimes). You just won't see the character on the key, but as long as you know that the ; is also the ñ you'll be fine.

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi!!

Thank for your reply!! ok...keyboard problem solved...

I have just 3 more questions??

I did not see in the shop any place where the wind can come out!! does it het hot the MBP? I did not see any ventilation but even though it was very cold in the shop! how is that possible?? XD

And...Can u use internet or other application full screen?? In the shop I could only open the windows until the tool bar...But i guess if I hide it maybe ill be able to see everything bigger??

The new SO lion will work in this MBP¿

And...well...U think then that it is a good time?? it will be around 800€...I think is a good price considering how great is the screen and the pc...what is ur impression about this laptop?? Hopefully the new one wont be very different! XD

Thanks a lot!!! seriously!!

Reaction score
The MBP does have a vent at the rear, it does get a mite hot, but doesn't overheat. So far I haven't had any problems, and you shouldn't either, as long as that vent is not blocked.

Not all apps can be maximised the way you do in windows. Yes, you can run them full screen size but you have to resize them manually by dragging the lower right corner. Apparently, with Lion you'll finally be able to run them full screen.

I'm thinking Apple would shoot itself if the foot if Lion were not backwards compatible with the MBPs that were released this year.

The best time is when you need it and have the funds. If that time is now then this is the best time. Don't be dragged into the mentality that the new turns the current into total garbage. This laptop WILL serve you well for years to come if you take good care of it. Keeping up with the Joneses only causes grief.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
The vent is at the rear, under the screen hinge, the air gets sucked through all the gaps in the keyboard aswell, very good as the vents arnt underneath and can't really get blocked

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.