Great Idea for the next ipod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
During a long drive to Canada I was thinking about how the ipod could be better and I came up with a good idea of a way to make the ipod have a camera and flash with out ugly-ing it up or making it huge. In the Extras menu put a camera thing to click on. When you are in "camera mode" a silver slide opens on the back of the ipod just above the apple (it is the same material as the ipod back so it blends in) behind the slide is the lens. On the screen everything under the menu bar becomes the digital viewfinder. To zoom (digital zoom) you scroll around on the wheel and then click the select button in the center to take the picture. When the light is dodgy / dim another little slide opens up above the lens exposing the flash. To exit camera mode press the menu button to take you back to the extras menu. The slide(s) close when camera mode is exited. The pictures that you take with the ipod go into an album called ipod listed under the photos menu. When the ipod is plugged into the computer to sync the photos are automatically removed from the ipod album on the ipod and put into an album titled by the date of sync in iphoto. (photos sync as normal so the album titled with the date will be put on the ipod too). If you are not using a mac (iphoto is only for mac) the pictures will be loaded up into a included version of adobe photo album. And of corse the music will keep playing normally while in camera mode (the play / pause button will work as normal) I have this plan all thought out and have submitted it to apple if you have any questions about it i will defiantly be able to answer them.

M

mangoSharingan

I think the iPod was originally designed to be a music player and I think it should stay that way. Ok, they released an iPod photo but because the screen's resolutions improved and colour was introduced, it was easy to implement. If there was to be a camera, I think Apple should just make a new product, instead of sticking every possible gimmick into the iPods. Good idea though.

M

Mac N00b

I like iPods the way they are now and can't think of anyway to improve them. Space wise they are great. I'm never going to fill up 4 gigs of space with music let alone 20. The "OS" that it uses is simple to use unlike some other players I have used (RCA 128mb and Sony network anythings are really complicated to use and for some reason you have to manually sort everything on the RCA one) .The controls are dead simple. Maybe if they decreased the size a bit... I'm positive that iPod 5G will surprise and shock each and every one of us.

OP
Benjamindaines
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Mac N00b said:
I'm never going to fill up 4 gigs of space with music let alone 20.
lol ive got less then 20 left on a 40

C

crisrose

i love people who think that because they can imagine a device, it can obviously be made, and would be commercially profitable if it was.... ;)

Always seems to be over iPods too...

Reaction score
crisrose said:
i love people who think that because they can imagine a device, it can obviously be made, and would be commercially profitable if it was.... ;)

Always seems to be over iPods too...

It's not like it would cost them billions to produce, and that i know hundreds of people how would buy them. If they came out they wouls deffinatly be profitable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.