QuarkXpress Error Loading "QuarkXpress quit unexpectedly"

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Probelm with: QuarkXpress --> "QuarkXpress quit unexpectedly"

My first time posting to this forum and feel this may be my last resort as i can't figure this problem out that i'm having!

My issue is with QuarkXpress Version: 8.16.2 and the error message i continuously get when i open it being "QuarkXpress quit unexpectedly." I'm on the new 27" iMac, i7 processor, OS X 10.6.4 Snow Leopard.

Initially, or at least before i tried adding a few fonts to my library as i was missing the "metaplus" font set, everything was working fine.. Quark started up correctly and i could open quark files. After i was messing around a little with Font Book and some fonts, which i verified and were validated, the program has failed to open correctly. I've since taken all the necessary steps to retracting any steps i made with modifying my font library i.e. disabling and deleting the fonts i added, deleting the font cache, uninstalling Quark and all of its files including preferences... and still, nothing! keeps giving me the same error message!

I'm not totally confident i'm uninstalling Quark fully though because every time i go to reinstall Quark, it tells me a valid copy of the software is already installed, blabla... giving me options/suggestions on installing elsewhere if i want a clean, separate install etc.. i just keep choosing to install in the same directory in hopes of overwriting any corrupt files,.. Btw, i did use AppCleaner to delete QuarkXpress. Several times.

I restored all the fonts that comes with the osx install via the Mac OSX Install DVD using Pacifist to find the exact font packager. I've also used FontExplorer Pro and Font Finagler to try and find/correct any issues with my font library and everything seems to be perfect!

Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated folks. Please excuse the lengthy description and babble here!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.