Clock/Firewall

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 MAC OS X 10.6.4
I am having a problem that I can't find an answer to anywhere. It is actually multiple problems. I am trying to change the clock on my system, and when I go to time and date preferences, the set time and date automatically is unchecked and greyed out, however I still cannot adjust the time. The lock is unlocked, and I can't lock it. I went into finder, and searched for /etc and deleted localtime and then restarted the computer but I am still having the same problem.

On a separate note I also can't change my firewall settings. I go into security in system preferences, and i can actually change the lock in that preferences settings, but the start in firewall settings stays greyed out.

Any Ideas from anyone?

I have a 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB Macbook just about a year old running Mac OS X 10.6.4.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
okay so a little more information... I think the computer is just freezing with anything in system preferences. I have repaired permissions, but it seems any time I try and go into system preferences and change almost anything, I get the beachball of death! What should I do? Please any help I will try.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Boot from the install disc and run Repair Disk from Utilities > Disk utility and see what is reported regarding the helath of your hard drive. If all is okay, boot from the system disk, hold down 'D' and run Apple Hardware Test extended mode.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Harry, thank you for your response! I had actually just got done reinstalling snow leopard and running disk check when I saw your response. Good news is that the re-installation worked and everything is running 100%. Thanks for your response, this issue is resolved:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.