Staying connected to the net when lid closed?

Reaction score
Everytime my MacBook Pro's lid closes, it disconnects me from my school's network. It takes a good deal of time to get reconnected, since I have to turn off airport, then turn it back on and put my username/password in again. Then it takes 5 minutes for things to get recognized by the system.

How can I have it so my comp stays connected when the lid is closed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
If you have a USB or Bluetooth mouse or keyboard connected to it, just click it once after closing the lid and that will wake up your computer. Just don't forget that it's on. If you wake up your closed lid accidentally (or if you forgot that you woke it up), and you put it into a sleeve or case, it can overheat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
I use Insomniax
semaja2
Note that this keeps your computer on - so don't forget to shut it off when you want to conserve battery - or if you put it in a backpack. I've driven for an hour - with this enabled. I pulled it out of my backpack and I thought I had overheated it. Luckily everything was OK but my admonition stands, be careful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.