Installation problem

Reaction score
Hi, I've been trying to install a program and I'm kindof a Mac Noob I don't understand whats going wrong with the installation. THe part of the install log I think is relevant is here:

Oct 21 15:18:55 new-host installd[9417]: ./postflight: /Volumes/Rosetta Stone Version 3 Update/Rosetta Stone Version 3.pkg/Contents/Resources/postflight: line 12: /Volumes/Rosetta Stone Version 3 Update/Rosetta Stone Version 3.pkg/Contents/Resources/translateLocale: Permission denied
Oct 21 15:18:55 new-host installd[9417]: ./postflight: /Volumes/Rosetta Stone Version 3 Update/Rosetta Stone Version 3.pkg/Contents/Resources/postflight: line 45: /Applications/Rosetta Stone Version 3.app/Contents/Resources/support/config/installerDefaults.xml.tmp: No such file or directory

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Looks like you are trying to update Rosetta Stone and it's trying to write back to the update directory which is either read-only or the installer doesn't have access to it..

First step is to contact Rosetta Stone and make sure you are doing the right thing with installation/upgrade..

Regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.