Strange things happening on my iPhone 4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" Standard Spec. iPhone 4 16GB
Well over the last couple of days I've noticed a few strange things happening.

First off, App Icons.

I noticed that when I swiped the screen from left to right and vice versa apps would lose their icons. As you can see in the pictures they get replaced by black orbs. Are there ghosts in my phone? lol. It also happened to some of the folders. The folder icons that were normally full of app icons suddenly disappeared. But when I swiped back and forth a few times the icons would come back.

Another thing that happens occasionally is when I get a call the slider won't let me slide it all the way across. I get halfway and it lets go meaning that I can't answer the call.

Third on my list is more recent. The scenario is:
Someone text me. I replied and the phone came up with the page showing my balance and dismiss sign. Whilst that page was up the same person tried to ring me. The phone vibrated but no screen came up to answer it. I clicked dismiss on the balance screen but it took me to my home screen. I tried putting the phone to sleep and waking it up whilst it was still vibrating but the call wasn't there. In the end it stopped and I got the little 1 on the phone icon to say I had missed a call.

Later on that day I put my phone onto sleep. It vibrated for about two seconds and then carried on vibrating like someone was ringing me but no screen came up. I looked around the phone and nothing was happening. In the end I had to do a hard reset (I think it is that hard reset - Holding power and home button) to make it stop. When it came back no one had rung me.

Normally I love my iPhone and wouldn't want any other but its like there is a ghost in it, quoting the dr from I,Robot "There have always been ghosts in a machine" but these ones are starting to play up.

Anyone else had any problems like this. Anyone got any solutions APART from resetting the whole phone and restoring from a backup?

Look forward to the answers......

IMG_0379.PNG

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0377.PNG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Your best is restoring it and starting again.

Is the phone jailbroken by chance?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
It doesn't appear to be jailbroken.

btw Nice wallpaper.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
I agree with baggss, sounds like the ipsw is probably a little corrupt, back it up using itunes then use the restore function

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.