• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Microsoft's New Windows Phone 7: Novel But Lacking

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I really like the typographic approach that they are using, and how they have information in that grid layout. It's a shame that it doesn't do a lot of the features that most people want now...like multitasking, copy and paste, just to name a few.

Typical Microsoft with their half baked ideas? Doesn't help that they are starting so late in the smart phone race against everyone else. They don't have any apps so it's not looking too good for them right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
The only good thing about it is maybe the Old Spice guy wearing the skin tight Windows Phone T Shirt whilst in Oz the8thark. Nice for the ladies.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
A very old man covered in old spice wearing a skin t-shirt with the windows mobile all over it in Australia trying to chat up women. That's a pretty weird thing to be thinking of harryb2448.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
He ain't that old and did you not see him om the Channel 9 news last night in Backwoodsland?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Iew, I'm not fond of those giant square buttons. I'm not terribly fond of the overall layout. I happen to like the layout of the Android and the iPhone.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I was sure the iPhone didn't exactly have these features all at once either that are mentioned in the article.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I was sure the iPhone didn't exactly have these features all at once either that are mentioned in the article.

True, but neither did every other phone on the market (some did). MS needs to jump into this game running but I'm sure they will update their various phones 65.5 times in the first 37 seconds after release, much like google does.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.