Mighty Mouse & Windows 7

Reaction score
I tried running Windows XP via Boot Camp a while back on my iMac when Boot Camp first came out, and I couldn't get XP to recognize my wireless mouse through Bluetooth. My wireless keyboard would work by manually setting it up everytime, but I could never get the mouse to work so I just deleted the partition.

Since it's been a long time since then, and I think a lot more iMacs are using the wireless setup, I'm assuming they addressed this issue. Has everyone been getting Mighty Mouse and their wireless keyboards to sync up nicely with Windows 7?

Also, I have a 250GB hard drive so don't really need more than 10GB free space on my Windows Partition. Anyone know how much I should set aside in the partition so that I will have ~10GB free after installation and all the programs?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Had pretty much the same issue back in XP, have tried using it with windows 7 about a month ago and synced up fine.

As for the hard drive space, Windows 7 (depending on what features you install) takes around 6gb of space, i'd say keep another 1-2gb for programs, so your looking at around 20gb for a comfortable install with space for expansion!

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.