Uploading Problems

mjg

Reaction score
Hello

Quite hard to find the right section to post this in.. Tried three different (admittedly, in hindsight, blatantly wrong) sections only to find they were deleted... but hopefully I have it right now..

Anyway, my problem is this.. I am unable to upload content to two specific websites (behance.net and threadless.com).. the uploads time-out every time. I have no problems uploading image files to other sites (Facebook, Flickr etc). This started when I got a new wireless broadband connection...

I have been on to the ISP and their only suggestion was to change the DNS server IP (which didn't work), other than that they're stumped. I am able to upload using a different machine on the same connection (so my upload speeds, while slow, aren't crap enough to time out). I am also able to upload to these sites on my machine when using a different internet connection (eg dongle)

So the problem is definitely a mismatch between my mac (a 6 year old 17" macbook pro), my ISP (vodafone at home) and these two sites. Just wondering are there any network configurations I need to be changing on my mac in order to sort this? Is it something anyone has heard of before?

Quite frustrating as I need to be able to upload to these sites (I'm a graphic artist, as I'd imagine a lot of us are) and the ISP hasn't got a clue.

thanks in advance for any help.

ps If the administrator finds this is in the wrong section again - please don't delete! just let me know where best to put it.. thanks :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.