Printing network

Reaction score
We just upgraded to a Intel based Mac Pro. The previous machine had been the administrator or hub for the printer. Now, of course, I can't seem to get the other two Macs set-up for the printer. I've tried following all of Mac's Support advise, but not making any headway. I'm not an IT person, but been around Macs for twenty years, so I understand them some - but don't know a heck of a lot about networking systems.

The printer works from my machine, but I can't seem to get any of the others to connect. I know that one of them has an authentication issue - which I assume is a password problem, but there shouldn't be one.

I've added these other computers into the Sharing Preferences and each computer has drivers and should be set-up for the correct IP Address, but... I've reset the printing system on my machine and one other - which made no real difference.

I'm prepared to call Mac, but they aren't as friendly as they used to be. Now they want money after you've owned it for only a month.

So, where to begin?

Any suggestions? This is an all day process I'm sure.

Thanks in advance,

Ron

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.