AC POWER CORD of my new Macbook pro

Reaction score
Hello eveybody,

Iam a new user to this forum.Thank you vey much for accepting me.I have one problem .please give me some suggestion.
i.e., i recently brought Macbook pro 17 inch from usa to india.can i use it here.because here in india the voltage rating is 220-240 volts.In electrical specifications of macbook pro it was rated as ``it works in 100-240 volts.ok so it works.
but what my problem is on AC POWER CORD of macbook pro it was written as 2.5 A ,125 V like that.That means whether i have to change the power cord in order to use it in INDIA.
iam thinking that by connecting this AC power cord to wall socket of 220 V here in india will cause it frying and burns out.
what should i do ? Please help me in solving my problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Welcome to Mac Forums.
I'm in Oz, and the charger I have says 100-240volts.
If yours is as you say, it won't damage the MBP, but it will cook the charger, and be a fire hazard.
I would contact Apple, Apple (India) - How to Contact Us and see if you can have them send you the correct charger.

OP
S
Reaction score
Welcome to Mac Forums.
I'm in Oz, and the charger I have says 100-240volts.
If yours is as you say, it won't damage the MBP, but it will cook the charger, and be a fire hazard.
I would contact Apple, Apple (India) - How to Contact Us and see if you can have them send you the correct charger.

Hi thanks for ur reply.But what my problem is on my charger also it was written as 100-240 V.But iam worrying about AC power cord specifications.with so small letters on this cord it was written like 2.5 A ,125 V.whether i should change the power cord only...without charger

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The charger and power cord are built for world wide use. All you need is an AC line adapter so you can use it with your local mains. The cord rating (2.5A 125V) is for US and Canada, however, it's also rated for 240V - just not written on the cord itself. If you're still in doubt, contact the number that 6string gave you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.