Will the Unibody 13inch MBP run FCP

Reaction score
Hey guys
There are so many posts and so much arguing the point... I just need to know if the new macbook pros (the 13inch cheap option) will run the final cut suite? I have the older style 15inch macbook pro that I am thinking of selling to upgrade but I want to make sure it is an upgrade... I can't afford the 15inch new one and don't want to give up the ability to run all the apps in the FCP suite.
thanks
jared

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
"Old one"
"New one"
Doesn't meant anything.
All that matters when it comes to something like FCP is processor speed + RAM and a minimum of 15% HDD free space. If your current MBP has a decent processor and at least 4GB of RAM and a good 20% or more of free space on your HDD, just keep what ya got. Do you run FCP on your current MBP? Do you notice any lag or problems?

Side note: memory and internal hard drives are the kind of upgrades you can and should do on your own to save money. Countless YouTube tutorials for both upgrades.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.