macbook pro '17 wont power on

Reaction score
i have a macbook pro that wont power, the adapter is always green and i tried the reset thing, and no luck. Im trying to figure is it the battery, because when i press the battery button it just flashes the one(first) light which is green. Should the Macbook power without the battery out and the adapter plugged in because i heard ppl say sometimes they do. basicaly i dont wanna spend 80.00 bucks on a battery if thats not the problem. just asking for a little help, and yes its been charging over night and still the one light blinks when i press the battery button.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your MBP should be able to power on and off with or without the battery installed. What I suggest doing before investing in a new battery is try another MagSafe adapter to see if perhaps the one you're using might be defective.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your MBP should be able to power on and off with or without the battery installed. What I suggest doing before investing in a new battery is try another MagSafe adapter to see if perhaps the one you're using might be defective.

So if the Magsaf adapter stays green, it can still be defective?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes. You need to eliminate it as a possible problem before doing any further trouble shooting. Since it's less expensive than a new battery or DC input board, start with that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.