Internal Harddrive upgrade

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Ok guys, I think this has been covered before, but I'm looking for some advice on which 2,5" harddrive you'd currently recommend...
I'm looking to get at least 60GB, probably 80GB though if it's not too expensive.
It also shouldn't be too loud...

4800 or 5400 rpm? Would the faster speed make much of an impact on heat/battery drain?
I can get a friend of mine to do the install (he's an apple certified technician)...

Any recommendations on models / places to buy (that ship to Germany reasonably?).

Help is appreciated, as always!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
Aptmunich said:
Ok guys, I think this has been covered before, but I'm looking for some advice on which 2,5" harddrive you'd currently recommend...
I'm looking to get at least 60GB, probably 80GB though if it's not too expensive.
It also shouldn't be too loud...

4800 or 5400 rpm? Would the faster speed make much of an impact on heat/battery drain?
I can get a friend of mine to do the install (he's an apple certified technician)...

Any recommendations on models / places to buy (that ship to Germany reasonably?).

Help is appreciated, as always!
Check www.macsales.com they have good customer service and reasonable prices. I think they ship international, but I'm not sure.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.