Macbook bootcamp CPU temp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro i7____ imac i5____ iPhone 3Gs
I have a widget (istat pro) that shows me the CPU temp and some other cool stats. When i use bootcamp to run windows id also like to see that info, is there a program to do it with?

Thanks,
Bas

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I haven't found one that was consistent. Apple's motherboards (logic board) are proprietary and most temperature and CPU readout software that are for Windows do not properly pick up all the sensors. Some sensors read out OK, most don't.

You really don't need to know the CPU temp anyway. When running games from Windows (dual boot) you'll be able to hear the fans ramp up. If the machine gets too hot, it'll shut down automatically.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro i7____ imac i5____ iPhone 3Gs
I haven't found one that was consistent. Apple's motherboards (logic board) are proprietary and most temperature and CPU readout software that are for Windows do not properly pick up all the sensors. Some sensors read out OK, most don't.

You really don't need to know the CPU temp anyway. When running games from Windows (dual boot) you'll be able to hear the fans ramp up. If the machine gets too hot, it'll shut down automatically.

I know its not necessary but i still use my old macbook for games and my new one for work. It shutsdown when i play games so i bought a cooling pad yesterday and it seems to work but i'm just interested in how much it actually works.

If there is no propper working solution i'll just be happy with knowing that it works, thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.