Boot camp issue

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this forum and I have no clue where to post this. Each time I open boot camp and I tried running it it says " system update ........" But there is not system update. I have the last one. What are the approaches to this becuz my mission is to install window exp on my Imac.

I need an answer ASAP its driving me nut!!!:'(

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First, let's get this moved to the correct forum.

We need some info: What version of OS X are you currently using? And which version of Boot Camp? Also include specs for your Mac.

If you're using an old version of Boot Camp (specifically the beta which came with Tiger) it has expired and can no longer be used.

OP
S
Reaction score

2.4 Ghz intel core 2 duo 3 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM and the boot camp version is 3.0.2. I have no clue if is the beta or not =S

Boot Camp Assistant cannot be used.
You must update your system software before using this setup assistant.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No, you're OK. Thanks for posting back. Since you're running Snow Leopard you should be up to date with regard to Boot Camp. We need to figure out what's going on...

Each time I open boot camp and I tried running it it says " system update ........" But there is not system update. I have the last one.

You're saying that Boot Camp refuses to run because it wants to download an update? We need the exact error you're getting when trying to use the Boot Camp assistant. Copy it (Cmd C) and paste it (Cmd V) in your reply. I've never seen BC do that so it's a rather strange error you're getting.

OP
S
Reaction score
Boot Camp Assistant cannot be used.
You must update your system software before using this setup assistant.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know what's going on with your system as it seems you're already running 10.6.4 and should not need any updates to run Boot Camp. Let's try this:

Download and install the combined 10.6.4 update from Apple: LINK It will overwrite the system files including Boot Camp. It will not disturb your documents or other data. After the combo update is installed, try running the BC assistant again.

OP
S
Reaction score
chsag tnx for the help btw how do I know if its downloading or not cuz I hate those apple link.

OP
S
Reaction score
chsag tnx for the help btw how do I know if its downloading or not cuz I hate those apple link.

Nvm I figure out. I guess if this do not work I need to restart the mac from 0 =S oh well S**** happens

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.