• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Transfering files from mac to ps3

Reaction score
Currently I am using eyeconnect to hook up to my ps3 and transfer movies from my mac to the ps3. Only issue here is eyeconect is making it's own folders and grouping my movies in alphabetical order. I don't like this cause I want all my snowboarding videos in a snowboarding folder rather than in an alphabetical folder with other types of videos. Does anyone know if eyeconnect will do this and if not, does anyone know a program that will do it for me. I think it's stupid to have all my seasons for a tv show in one folder rather than having folders for the seasons.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
I have never used Eyeconnect. You may want to take a look at PS3Media Server (AKA PMS server) that will stream and transcode on the fly from your computer to your PS3 if they are on the same network. It (if I recall correctly, it's been a while since I fired mine up) will allow you to "share" a folder with whatever subfolders you want.

OP
GinoLicious
Reaction score
Okay so I was able to create folders on my ps3, but is there a way to make subfolders. So like south park. Then season 1 2 and so forth

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
For how you're doing it, I don't know - in the PMS server I referenced it should use folder hierarchy.

OP
GinoLicious
Reaction score
The reason why I'm staying away from the ps3 media server is that I have downloaded it and it has never been able to run. I cannot even open the application. If I could get it to work I would use it since it seems easy and does exactly what I want it to. Just haven't been able to get it to work

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's weird, I never had a problem with it. Which version did you get? What OS version do you have on your Mac? Do you get errors when you try to run it, or what exactly happens?

OP
GinoLicious
Reaction score
It won't even open. The icon will be in the dock, bu it will
not open up on my desktop. Claims it's running. I have 10.4 osx on an intel MacBook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmm,

I know it requires java, I assume you have java installed and fully patched.

My next thought would be maybe to try an earlier version - if you have the current (1.10.5) maybe try the previous release (1.10.1)?

You may also want to check this thread: PS3 Media Server • View topic - PS3 media server does not open anymore although it refers to a different system/os combination, it sounds like a similar issue overall.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.66GHz Intel Core i5 4GB 1067MHz DDR3
I use MediaLink. It cost 20.00 dollars and it allows you to view files off your mac on your ps3. The only problem is that sometimes you have to have a wire hooked up or it will lag when you watch movies. But it is the best thing I have found.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.