Disk Warrior with OS 10.6.4 ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi, 128GB iPhone 7
I just upgraded my 4 year-old 13" MacBook to the new 13" MacBook Pro. With the old laptop I ran Disk Warrior periodically to "clean things up." I always booted up while holding down the "C" key, then Disk Warrior would come up and I could use it.

Now with the MacBook Pro, instead of Disk Warrior coming up, I get a weird message in 4 different languages telling me to restart my computer while holding down the "C" key, even though I did that.

Then when I do restart WITHOUT touching the "C" key, Disk Warrior comes up on the screen but when I double click on it, it tells me to do the startup and "C" key, etc., etc. I'm in a circular loop.

I have ejected the Disk Warrior DVD and will very much appreciate any help. Why did it work with the old MacBook and not with this one? Thanks in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you read this notice from Alsoft?

NOTE: The current DiskWarrior DVD cannot start up the new iMac Core i3, i5 and i7 models, the new MacBook Pros (introduced April 13, 2010), the new Mac Mini models (introduced June 15, 2010) or the new Mac Pros (introduced July 27, 2010). An updated disc that will also start up these recent Mac models will be released as soon as Apple, Inc. releases new startup files to Alsoft, Inc. and other developers.

Keep in touch with Alsoft as to when they will release an update.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.